Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sneaks Up






















In my younger years I was quite the sneakerhead. Sitting in the parking lot of Sharpstown Mall in Houston at 6am was where you could find me. If a new pair of Jordans were coming out, that is. That being said, I pose a question. Ever envision a place where ALL your sneaker dreams would come true? I did... And I think I found it. Last week the Kirin Fam was in full effect at the fourth annual Sneaks Up Fest in San Antonio, Tx. The hour drive down IH-35 was well worth it to see some of the freshest kicks and coolest kids showcase their style.

The event was held at The Industry in east San Antonio. A fairly large venue that seemed small once filled with some of the illest kicks ever created. Jordans, dunks, creative recs, supra's, pumas, adidas, yeezy's, the list goes on. Sneakerheads brought out the best of their collections for show & sale. Prices were steep but almost expected when collectors are parting with their favorite shoes. I asked about a pair of Jordans (of course) that just so happened to be $1700. Yea... Needless to say I didnt leave with a pair of J's!

All the tastemakers were out and the networking was great. Designers, shop keeps, and even a few vendors packed the house. If you missed it hopefully you can make the Sneaker Pimps show in ATL. If not, don't miss Sneaks Up next year.

D. Griff

No comments:

Post a Comment